We need YOU to return to City Hall TOMORROW night (4/12) to voice your opposition to proposed new security rules that will cripple venues and events catering to nightlife in San Francisco.
These rules are draconian and unneccesarry and will only make it more burdensome and expensive to hold events. Please come down and speak at public comment against these proposed measures.
These Conditions shall apply to all EC permitted events with an anticipated occupancy capacity of over one hundred (100) individuals.
1. (a) Security personnel shall be provided in a ratio one (1) guard for every fifty (50) patrons. (b) A security supervisor shall be provided at a ratio of one (1) supervisor for every four (4) guards.
2. All individuals entering the premises shall be scanned by a metal detector.
3. All occupants of the premises shall be ID Scanned (including patrons, promoters, and performers, etc.). ID scanning data shall be maintained on a data storage system for no less than 15 days and shall be made available to local law enforcement upon request.
4. High visibility cameras shall be located at each entrance and exit point of the premises. Said cameras shall maintain a recorded data base for no less than fifteen (15 days) and made available to local law enforcement upon request.
5. The exterior of the premises shall be equipped with lighting of sufficient power to illuminate and make easily discernible the appearance and conduct of all persons on or about the premises. Additionally, the position of such lighting shall not disturb the normal privacy and use of any neighboring residences.
6. The premises shall provide a Security Plan acceptable to the Chief of Police which includes a Security proposal and EC Best Practices, collectively referred to as a Security Plan.
7. All Security personnel that protect life and/or property shall maintain a current and valid California Department of Consumer Affairs Guard Card and shall comply with all rules and regulations governing the Card.
8. At all times the premises is open to the public a readily identifiable Manager employed by the EC permit holder shall be on-site.
9. All Federal, State, and Local permits, required posting, including but not limited to occupancy, shall be posted in a
The Entertainment Commission will consider adopting rules concerning security at places of entertainment and one time events at its regular meeting on April 12, 2011, at 6:30 PM in Room 400, City Hall, 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, San Francisco.